Select Page
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift? Dr. Farkas Explains
brazilian butt-lift
Dec 18, 2016

In this interview, New Jersey board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Jordan P. Farkas, M.D. explains how the Brazilian Butt Lift can help you enhance the overall volume and shape of your buttocks, using fat from other areas of your body through liposuction fat harvest.


“Hi, I’m Dr Farkas and welcome to The Breslow Center. I’d like to talk to you a little about an excellent operation called the Brazilian Butt Lift. The Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure that helps you enhance the overall volume and shape of your buttocks, using fat from other areas of your body through liposuction fat harvest. The fat is then reinjected to recontour your buttocks, giving you more volume and a better shape.

The best Brazilian Butt Lifts are performed on patients when they are really at their optimal body weight – not severely overweight, because the fat graft, which only ends up taking 50-60 percent most of the time, the other 40 percent is reabsorbed into the body, will fluctuate over weight shifts.

So for example if you end up losing 25 pounds after you have had a Brazilian Butt Lift operation, then all the volume from the augmentation will not persist. The Brazilian Butt Lift operation consists of aggressive liposuction of your upper and lower back, as well as your abdomen and flanks if possible, to be used to harvest the fat for grafting, which is then injected in multiple layers using a micro droplet technique for optimal harvest intake throughout the area of your gluteus muscle.

It is very important to have people do this operation that have been well trained in performing such a procedure. As with all surgical procedures, it can be dangerous. The Brazilian Butt Lift operation is an excellent body contouring operation.

As far as recovery is concerned, patients will have to recover on their belly for about two weeks’ time, and wear a compression garment for up to six weeks to help with some of the swelling and discomfort. Patients express very high satisfaction with this procedure. It can get them to their body contouring shape that they are looking for. I hope to see you here in person so we can talk more. Take care, thanks!”

About the Author

Dr. Gary Breslow, MD, FACS

Dr. Gary Breslow, MD, FACS

Is a highly regarded plastic surgeon in Paramus New Jersey, known by both patients and peers as a problem-solver with a warm, engaging personality, and an instinctive ability to identify and truly understand the goals of his patients and the patients, themselves. Dr. Breslow has dedicated his efforts to providing results of only the most unsurpassed quality, continually staying abreast of the most advanced techniques in cosmetic surgery for the benefit of his patients. Dr. Breslow is Board-Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and is licensed to practice plastic & reconstructive surgery in both New Jersey and New York.

You may also like

Don't Miss a Beat!

Subscribe to our Monthly Promo Newsletter

Get 20% OFF

On your first Botox or Fillers treatment with us!
Or sign up now to claim this exlusive offer!
*First-time patients only.