Liposuction In Paramus NJ
Are you considering a liposuction procedure in Paramus, New Jersey? You’ve tried dieting and some other weight loss methods. You exercise on a regular basis. And yet some of those stubborn fat bulges just won’t go away. If you don’t feel comfortable in a bathing suit or try to hide your body under baggy clothing, you know the profoundly negative impact stubborn fat can have on your self-confidence.
Eating right and keeping active are essential parts of a healthy lifestyle, but can only take you so far when it comes to trimming those stubborn extra pounds away. Diet and exercise may not be enough to target the excess fat in certain areas of the body. Your body is specifically designed to store fat in particular areas, like in your abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arms, and buttocks – and no matter what you do you can’t tone down those pesky, localized fat deposits.
Liposuction can help eliminate unwanted bulges and contour your body into a slimmer, more aesthetically appealing shape. The Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reports that the majority of liposuction procedure patients rated their results as being good to excellent, and 86% would recommend it to their family and friends.
Liposuction, known as lipoplasty and liposculpture, is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for men and women that:
- removes extra and unwanted fat
- sculpts the shape of the treated area
- creates a leaner silhouette
- boosts self-confidence
- helps your clothes fit better
While liposuction is designed solely for aesthetic purposes, did you know that liposuction can also reduce the chances of later fat-related complications like heart disease, diabetes and stroke? These significant health benefits of liposuction are related to the decrease in triglycerides in those patients who have elevated, at-risk levels before surgery. In fact, scientific studies report that on average liposuction patients experienced a 43% reduction in triglyceride levels, which is even better than medication that treats this issue! Our Bergen County liposuction is the most recommended surgery in Paramus NJ.
Why You Should Get Your Liposuction at The Breslow Center In Paramus NJ
The Breslow Center for Plastic Surgery in Paramus, New Jersey can offer you these unique benefits of liposuction, providing you with the highest standard of patient care that you deserve:
Decades Of Academic Achievement And Liposuction Experience
Drs. Breslow has been performing liposuction for decades. He is highly committed to surgical excellence, and has an impressive training in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Breslow studied medicine at the prestigious New York University of Medicine, and later trained for 6 years at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania’s esteemed Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency Program. After completing his training in Pennsylvania, Dr. Breslow returned to New York to become the NYU Medical Center’s Microvascular Reconstructive Fellow at the Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Breslow, a board certified plastic surgeon, has had extensive experience performing a wide range of different liposuction techniques in Paramus, NJ. With his years of training and extensive experience with liposuction, he can help you decide on the best procedure for your unique anatomy and goals.
LIPOSUCTION FAT REMOVAL BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS
Actual patients of The Breslow Center.
Your LIPOSUCTION Procedure Will Be Completed at Our Private Facility
You won’t have to worry about figuring out where your liposuction procedure will take place, because our private surgical facility is conveniently located in the very same building as The Breslow Center for Plastic Surgery!
The Saddle River Valley Surgical Center in Paramus, NJ is fully licensed and accredited, and staffed by highly trained, board certified medical professionals. The Center features state-of-the art operating rooms and fully equipped pre- and post-operative areas for the highest quality care and safety in a convenient outpatient setting.
What Techniques Do You Use For The Liposuction Surgery?
You’ll begin the liposuction process with a thorough private medical consultation with Dr. Breslow. But before we can begin to figure out which liposuction technique will be best for your body and expectations, we need to determine if you are an appropriate candidate for the liposuction procedure in the first place.
An ideal candidate for liposuction:
- is in good general health
- has localized areas of fat in their face or body – these areas can be targeted: cheeks, neck, breasts, bra-line, mid-section, flanks, arms, back, butt, thighs and ankles
- is at or close to their ideal weight goal
- is at a stable and sustainable weight, which can be maintained after surgery as well
- has firm, elastic skin
- has realistic goals and expectations for the results
Your health and expectations will be assessed to make sure liposuction is right for you. Part of this involves a discussion of your medical history and 3D imaging that will give you an idea of how your predicted liposuction results will look.
Dr. Breslow has extensive experience with a variety of liposuction techniques in Paramus NJ, including:
- Safe Liposuction: this is the liposuction technique most often employed by Dr. Breslow. It involves the use of a MicroAire Power-Assisted Liposuction tool with a basket cannula to equalize fat distribution and avoid contour deformities, which are more common with other liposuction techniques such as Smart Lipo or Laser-Assisted Lipo.
- Laser-assisted liposuction: As you might expect, this technique uses a laser to produce low-energy waves that liquefy unwanted fat, making it much easier to remove fat deposits. The liquefied pockets of fat are taken out of your body through a small, straw like tube called a cannula which removes fat from the body in virtually all liposuction procedures) measuring just a few millimeters in diameter.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: This liposuction method, also known as ultrasonic liposuction or UAL, uses ultrasound energy to liquefy the fat deposits, and is especially useful for removing fat from the male breasts (for the treatment of gynecomastia), flanks, and back, where the fat can be more fibrous.
- Tumescent liposuction: First performed in the 1980s, tumescent liposuction has remained the most popular liposuction technique for years. It involves injecting a liquid solution of saline (sterile saltwater), lidocaine (a local anesthetic), and epinephrine (which is another name for adrenaline) into the liposuction treatment area before the fat is removed. This “tumescent” solution numbs the area, forces blood out, minimizing bleeding, and causes the area to swell and become firm, making it easier to remove the unwanted excess fat.
What Happens During The Liposuction Procedure?
Regardless of the liposuction technique used for your procedure, Dr. Breslow will only make an extremely small incision at the treatment area to insert the microcannula, through which the stubborn, unwanted fat is removed. This cut is so minimal, only a couple millimeters in length, that sutures aren’t usually needed to close the incision once your liposuction procedure is complete.
On average, most liposuction patients will be in our surgical facility for 3 to 7 hours. Most liposuction surgeries only last 1 to 3 hours. The time you spend with us depends on the volume of fat to be removed, the number of areas you’re having treated, and the type of anesthesia used. Minor liposuction may only require local anesthesia while more extensive contouring requires general anesthesia. You may need to stay with us for a little while after the liposuction procedure while the effects of the anesthesia wear off.
What Concerns Should I Have After Liposuction Surgery?
Each member of The Breslow Center’s staff is committed to helping you through every step of your liposuction recovery. We will schedule a series of follow-up appointments so we can best keep an eye on your progress after liposuction. Although most of our patients recover from their liposuction surgery relatively quickly, usually within a matter of a couple of months, we want to make sure that you’ve achieved your aesthetic goals. That’s why you’ll have six follow-ups scheduled over the course of a full year, which is typically not covered by insurance.
Your first follow-up will be with a nurse or physician assistant in our facility in Paramus NJ, and will be only a day or two after your liposuction surgery. After this initial appointment, you’ll have another follow-up one week into your liposuction recovery, one month, three months, six months, and finally one year, all with a doctor. Of course, no two patients, no two surgeries, and no two recoveries are exactly alike, so if you feel like you need to schedule more follow-ups during this time, we are more than happy to work with you. We want your recovery to be as safe, fast, and worry-free as we can possibly make it. You may also experience some scarring afterward, which fades over time.
Your Liposuction Recovery: Fast Facts
- Liposuction is an outpatient procedure, so you’ll be free to go home when you feel ready. But if your procedure involves general anesthesia and intravenous sedation, as most do, you’ll need to have someone drive you home.
- Most liposuction patients need to take about a week off from sedentary work, perhaps longer if you’re unable to avoid sitting for long periods. In fact, you should avoid sitting for longer than 20-30 minutes at a time if your buttocks or upper thighs were targeted. It’s ideal to have someone take care of you at your bedside manner.
- You can shower again after 2 days.
- Depending on the details of your particular procedure, you may be asked to wear a compression garment for at least a few weeks.
- No driving for 2 weeks.
- Some patients experience swelling in areas other than at the treatment site. For example, after an abdominal liposuction, you may have swelling and bruising in the groin area. This isn’t uncommon or abnormal due to the effect of gravity, and usually heals quickly. You can also be prescribed pain medication if the pain and discomfort are bad.
- Most of the swelling should go down within the first 2 weeks, but it can take up to a year for it all to disappear.
- The majority of any bruising should fade around weeks 3 or 4.
- Refrain from strenuous exercising for at least 6 weeks after getting liposuction.
- The incisions made for the liposuction cannula don’t usually require any sutures, but if yours does the cut will be closed with absorbable sutures that won’t need to be removed.
Five Things You Must Do During Your Liposuction Recovery
- Walk as soon as you feel you’re able to. This is an important part of the recovery process and it helps to prevent blood clots from forming in your legs. It also helps to encourage blood flow and the healing process. That being said, although light walking is highly recommended as soon as possible, remember to save any more rigorous activity for six weeks into your recovery.
- If you’ve been instructed to wear a compression garment, it’s extremely important that you do so. This special medical clothing maintains even pressure on the treated area. Doing so reduces swelling and bruising, stops bleeding, improves circulation throughout the treatment area (which promotes healing), and helps your body keep its new contours following surgery. For the best results it’s important to follow all your instructions regarding compression garment wear.
- Make sure you stay on schedule with all your medications to prevent infections and manage pain. If you are given a prescription for antibiotics, it’s important that you finish the entire course to avoid complications. It’s also perfectly normal to feel some pain, numbness, and swelling after surgery. In most cases, Ibuprofen is enough to keep the pain in check, while also helping to alleviate some swelling. If over the counter relief isn’t enough, you may be prescribed a stronger pain management medication.
- Taking care of your liposuction incision will help reduce the risk of infection and complications. The incision site may be a little leaky for the first few days, this is normal and nothing to worry about. Fortunately, you won’t have to deal with drains, but make sure you follow any and all instructions for cleaning your incisions and changing the bandages. You’ll be able to shower again after two days, but you should avoid soaking in the tub until your stitches have been absorbed by your body and your incisions are closed.
- Some patients are concerned that the fat removed during liposuction will return. You should know that once fat cells are removed from your body, they are gone forever. However, the remaining fat cells can still expand, so it won’t prevent you from gaining weight again. Although the area treated will always be leaner than if you hadn’t had the liposuction procedure performed at all, this may alter the results of your surgery. To maintain your new figure, you should continue to exercise, eat right and make positive lifestyle changes. If you do this, you’ll enjoy long-term successful results from your surgery.
Please note that liposuction is not a method of weight loss. The amount of weight you’ll lose may be a couple of pounds at best, but the effect on your appearance will be amazing! Many patients are so encouraged by their new leaner body that they pursue a healthier lifestyle to preserve their results, making weight loss an added bonus.
What Will My New Figure Look Like After Liposuction?
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) that there are over 200,000 liposuction procedures performed across North America every year. As the third most popular cosmetic procedure, liposuction is currently the most effective method for removing larger areas of stubborn fat. The procedure has also been found to improve the quality of life for patients. One study found that 86% of patients experienced a boost in self-esteem. Wouldn’t you love to experience the same improvement? This cosmetic surgery will better define different areas of the body, such as the outer thigh, jawline, upper arm and waist. You will go from a plus size individual to one with a flat stomach and an hourglass figure. You will no longer have to worry about having a double chin, too much belly fat, or having love handles around your waist. Many patients end up having six pack abs afterward. Some people do experience having some extra skin after the liposuction surgery, and the time it takes to bounce back to normal depends on the liposuction candidate’s skin elasticity.
Our highly skilled and experienced surgeon in Paramus NJ, Dr. Breslow, uses his expertise to find the right liposuction techniques to eliminate those pesky problem areas while achieving your desired body shape. There are many liposuction procedure types in Bergen County, such as MircoAire Power-Assisted liposuction, vaser liposuction and Smartlipo. Our liposuction patients love their new look, and so will you! You’ll be able to look forward to wearing your favorite clothes again, summertime trips to the beach in Bergen County, close intimate encounters, and showing off your new figure.
Don’t waste your time and effort chasing options that won’t give you the dramatic change you’re looking for. Call The Breslow Center in Paramus, New Jersey at (201) 444-9522 now to book your private medical consultation with Dr. Breslow.