Facelift Paramus: Rhytidectomy Surgery in Bergen County NJ
Are you thinking about getting a facelift? As time passes, the body gradually stops producing elastin and collagen, proteins that are integral in maintaining healthy, youthful-looking skin. Without a sufficient amount of elastin and collagen, the skin starts to droop. Fat is displaced. Muscle tone degenerates.
These developments can lead to visible signs of aging on the face, which are often compounded or accelerated by hereditary factors, the effect of gravity or certain lifestyle habits, such as smoking or frequent sun exposure. To help combat noticeable signs of facial aging, Dr. Gary D. Breslow performs facelift surgery in Paramus NJ.
Signs of Facial Aging That Are Improved With Facelift Surgery
Common signs of facial aging include sagging skin throughout the middle of the face, the chin, the jaw line and the neck. This sagging skin coupled with a loss of muscle tone throughout the lower face can lead to the development of “jowls.”, causing many men and women to opt for a facelift. In addition, deep creases can form beneath the lower eyelids or from the outer corners of the nose to the outer edges of the mouth. Fortunately, undergoing facelift surgery in Paramus under the care of Dr. Breslow is an effective way to address these aesthetic concerns.
About the SMAS Facelift Approach
During consultation, Dr. Breslow assesses patients’ facial structure, skin health and muscle tone and listens to their aesthetic concerns for their facelift. They use this information to formulate an appropriate treatment plan to help patients achieve their desired facial rejuvenation results, which may include an adjunct procedure, such as neck lift surgery.
Dr. Breslow is a talented facial rejuvenation surgeon who performs SMAS facelift surgery. With this method, the facelift surgeon repositions facial skin and other tissues, excising extra loose skin as necessary, and tightens the underlying connective tissue layer called the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS). This allows Dr. Breslow to re-drape the skin over the cheeks, jaw line and neck area more easily during the facelift procedure. The result is smoother contours without the unnatural “tight” appearance that can occur with less qualified facelift surgeons.
Facelift Post Op Instructions
- Facelift recovery and healing time: You can go back to work after 2 weeks. You can resume driving after 1 week. The majority of bruising will be gone after 2 weeks. You will have to sleep in a beach chair for one week and then on your back for 6 weeks. Patients will take GDB medication for 5 days and a Medrol dose pack for 1 week.
- Swelling: The majority of swelling will go down after 6-8 weeks, and all of the swelling will be gone after 12 months
- Scars and scarring: You will have one scar under the chin (for neck lift usually), one in front, one behind the ears, and one back into the scalp. Staples will be taken out of the scalp after 1 week and sutures will be removed at 7-10 days.
- Drains: You will have two drains on either side behind your ears. They will be taken out post-op day 1-2
- Follow-up visits: Patients will have several follow-up visits. The first one will be with the doctor or PA after day one of surgery at Care one. The other appointments will be in the office with the doctor at one week, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year
- Who should get a facelift?: Most people will have a good outcome and benefit from a facelift, especially those who have been exposed to a lot of sunlight has folds, lines, and/or any unwanted aging features. Anyone who is also considering fillers/injections may want to look into facelift surgery. With injectables, it is easy to see that work has been done, and the benefits of facelifts are better than products like botox.
- Is a facelift painful: A facelift is a surgery so there will be some pain and discomfort involved. Fortunately, a facelift is generally less painful than other surgeries. Everyone experiences pain differently so when you attend your consult please share your questions, concerns, and expectations with your physician.
Renew Your Look — and Your Outlook
With facelift surgery, patients can achieve a rejuvenated facial appearance, so they look as youthful as they feel. To schedule a private consultation with Dr. Breslow to find out more about your facial rejuvenation treatment options, contact the Breslow Center for Plastic Surgery by calling (201) 444-9522 now.