Facelift Surgery in New Jersey
As time passes, the body gradually stops producing elastin and collagen, proteins that are integral in maintaining healthy, youthful-looking skin. Without a sufficient amount of elastin and collagen, the skin starts to droop. Fat is displaced. Muscle tone degenerates.
These developments can lead to visible signs of aging on the face, which are often compounded or accelerated by hereditary factors, the effect of gravity or certain lifestyle habits, such as smoking or frequent sun exposure. To help combat noticeable signs of facial aging, Drs. Gary D. Breslow and Jordan P. Farkas perform facelift surgery.
Signs of Facial Aging That Are Improved With Facelift Surgery
Common signs of facial aging include sagging skin throughout the middle of the face, the chin, the jaw line and the neck. This sagging skin coupled with a loss of muscle tone throughout the lower face can lead to the development of “jowls.” In addition, deep creases can form beneath the lower eyelids or from the outer corners of the nose to the outer edges of the mouth. Fortunately, undergoing facelift surgery in Paramus under the care of Dr. Breslow or Dr. Farkas is an effective way to address these aesthetic concerns.
About the SMAS Facelift Approach
During consultation, Dr. Breslow or Dr. Farkas assesses patients’ facial structure, skin health and muscle tone and listens to their aesthetic concerns. They use this information to formulate an appropriate treatment plan to help patients achieve their desired facial rejuvenation results, which may include an adjunct procedure, such as neck lift surgery.
Drs. Breslow and Farkas are talented facial rejuvenation surgeons who perform SMAS facelift surgery. With this method, the facelift surgeon repositions facial skin and other tissues, excising extra loose skin as necessary, and tightens the underlying connective tissue layer called the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS). This allows Dr. Breslow or Dr. Farkas to re-drape the skin over the cheeks, jaw line and neck area more easily. The result is smoother contours without the unnatural “tight” appearance that can occur with less qualified facelift surgeons.
Post Op Instructions
- Recovery time: 2 weeks until back to work, Driving after 1 week. Majority of bruising gone after 2 weeks. Sleep in beach chair for one week and on back for 6 weeks. GDB patients antibiotics for 5 days, Medrol dose pack for 1 week.
- Swelling: majority of swelling down after 6-8 weeks. Entire swelling gone after 12 months
- Scars: one under the chin (for neck lift usually), in front and behind the ears and back into the scalp. Staples taken out from the scalp at 1 week. Sutures removed at 7-10 days.
- Drains: two on either side behind the ears taken out post-op day 1-2
- Follow up visit by the doctor or PA after day one at Care one and then in the office with the doctor at one week, 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year
Renew Your Look — and Your Outlook
With facelift surgery, patients can achieve a rejuvenated facial appearance, so they look as youthful as they feel. To schedule a private consultation with Dr. Breslow or Dr. Farkas to find out more about your facial rejuvenation treatment options, contact the Breslow Center for Plastic Surgery by calling (201) 444-9522 now.