ThermiVa is a painless, noninvasive vaginal rejuvenation device that uses radio-frequency energy to stimulate collagen production and gently tighten skin tissue. Dr. Monica Meyer of Bergen Women’s Health and Wellness is now offering this revolutionary treatment to her patients in the Paramus, New Jersey area.
How Does ThermiVa Work?
Intimacy issues such as vaginal laxity, dryness, irritation, painful intercourse, and urinary incontinence are common among women who’ve experienced childbirth or the physical changes brought on by menopause.
ThermiVa is a highly effective, non-surgical treatment that uses a special radiofrequency device to direct deep heat into the vagina, shrinking and tightening stretched tissue while lessening muscle laxness near the urethra.
In only three sessions, with no side effects or recovery time, this procedure rejuvenates the vaginal canal’s lining and lessens the symptoms of vaginal relaxation syndrome, as well as the genitourinary signs of menopause and vulvovaginal atrophy. Not only does ThermiVa help restore sexual satisfaction, but it also results in a decrease in bladder leakage issues.
In most cases the procedure is done in less than one hour, making it an extremely comfortable, convenient and effective solution to these common female intimacy issues.
The Treatment Process
For many women, what makes ThermiVa such a great and convenient treatment is that it feels very much like a normal gynecological exam.
The treatment begins by having the device gently passed over the external labial tissue and inside the vagina. Once there, it can direct heat to the entire region, stimulating lubrication glands and tightening vaginal tissue.
ThermiVa does not cause blisters, burns, discharge, or any of the complications that are commonly associated with other, less effective vaginal rejuvenation treatments. Treatments last only 30 minutes, and allow patients to proceed with their normal activities afterwards. Patients can go to the gym for a workout, return to finish their workday, or even have sex on the same day.
As a new treatment is performed each month, most patients report increased levels of confidence and sexual satisfaction.
I was a bit skeptical as to whether this procedure would give me any results, and I was also concerned if it would be painful. I am so happy I went through with it!! What an amazing difference! Since having the procedure done I have had the most amazing sex ever and my husband says the same as well!
The procedure wasn’t uncomfortable at all and Dr. Meyer was great. I highly recommend anyone looking into this procedure take the leap and do it!
Besides being my regular gynecologist, I decided to try the Thermiva treatment to help my incontinence which was not severe but could not cough without leaking. Just finished my third treatment. After the first two, I have had about a 95% improvement. Of course, I did my research and this was what I chose since I was not ready for surgery. I’m hoping for 100%, will let everyone know. Thanks!
Who Is An Ideal Candidate for ThermiVa?
ThermiVa’s versatile and nonsurgical technology make it an ideal treatment for a wide range of candidates:
- Since there is no pain associated with the procedure, patients need no anesthetic. Because of this, it’s a viable option for those who for medical reasons cannot subject themselves to surgery.
- Women who suffered through difficult childbirths or who have had several children often have stretched tissue in the inner and outer labia. For this reason, many will feel uncomfortable wearing swimwear, exercising, or being in intimate situations. In such cases, ThermiVA can help shrink the excess tissue.
- Women who suffer from vaginal dryness and laxity often report having increased yeast infections, which cause pain while having intercourse. Since lubricant creams don’t solve the underlying problem and have to be reapplied too often to be a convenient option, they are not a practical solution. In such cases, ThermiVA is the perfect choice.
- Many patients who suffer from mild to moderate incontenence report significant improvements after undergoing ThermiVa.
- Vaginal atrophy lessens sensation in the nerves connected to the clitoral area, and also leads to a decrease in natural lubrication. ThermiVa helps improve sexual satisfaction by addressing these issues.
How Long Do The Benefits Last?
While other treatments such as MonaLisa Touch may last only sixty days or less, the benefits of ThermiVa can last up to three years.
If you find yourself wondering what it would feel like to once again enjoy sexual intercourse or not worry about embarrassing incontinence accidents, then it’s time to consider the many benefits of ThermiVA.
Find out if you’re a candidate for ThermiVa — call our office in New Jersey today!
Dr. Monica L. Meyer
1 West Ridgewood Ave, Suite 110